New Install A.O. Smith FV Sensor Problem LED Status Vac lite & C lite

Old 02-16-08, 09:18 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry New Install A.O. Smith FV Sensor Problem LED Status Vac lite & C lite

Replace water heater last night with a new A.O Smith Pro Max power vent Water heater model GPVH-40. I am no plumber but it appears to have the Intelli-Vent gas controll with 4 pin connecter leading to the Flameable Vapor Sensor. I have 3 girls and it is "essentially important" to get the water heater running asap. LED STATUS lites that remain on are Vacation and C lites. I TRIED to do the manual Reset (power on press 2 temp butons simultaneously BUT Vacation lite never blinks. Can I bypass the FV sensor (jumper it out)just to get hot water for the morning? The Hot Water tank did work for aprox 18 hrs.

Old 02-17-08, 08:47 AM
Please don't do that. Bypassing safety circuits could have disastrous consequences.

Go back over the installations instructions. Make sure you have complied with instructions for gas supply, combustion air supply, and flue connections. Call AO smith for help. Take the kids to a motel for the night.

Old 02-17-08, 08:20 PM
H
Thanks for the reply 594tough but this morning (with sound mind and plenty of rest) I was able to reset the lockout-I didnt hold the buttons longer than 5 seconds. I understand safety is number ONE priority- I do have an excellent CO2 and propane detectors installed monitoring my gas appliances. My guess the FV sensor may have "sniffed" gas from the install of other appliances (gas dryer or gas furnace running concurrently) or from the install short chimney close to the intake of the power vent. It has been working correctly all day and I WILL be monitoring my detectors and WILL call A.O. Smith Monday morning. If any other suggestions I will be open to them.

Old 02-18-08, 07:28 AM
You mention proximity to a dryer and furnace, so if these are located in any type of confined space, I would be concerned about combustion air supply. And the power vent WH should not be sharing the flue with those other units. Just a few things to look at. I am sure AO Smith will be helpful.

Old 09-02-08, 06:34 AM
J
For the FV sensor lockout, does the gas supply need to be hooked back up to get it to clear. We turned off the gas as a safety precaution, but now when we power off and on and hold in the two buttons, the lockout remains the far left and right light are on still.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: