How much space/air flow around gas hot water heater?

Old 05-25-08, 06:31 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How much space/air flow around gas hot water heater?

Hello all,

I'm converting the shed at the end of my carport, I'm dividing the room in two, one side will have the hot water heater in a walk in closet kind of thing.

The gas hot water heater has at least a 1-2 foot of clearance the entire way around, the air intake is wide open. The dividing wall will be two feet away from the air intake.

My question is, how much air flow/air space is needed?

When I put the louvered door on the closet it will be a small room about 5' wide by 10' long, the other side of the room is 5' wide by 15'.

There will be a solid door that separates this divided room from the rest of the house.

So, is that enough air/space for the gas burning hot water heater or should I put another louvered door entering the divided room?

Thanks,

Tim

Old 05-25-08, 08:59 PM
first check with your local code inforcement dept. that will be the determining factor in space/air flow
requirements.

murphy was an optimist

Old 05-26-08, 06:57 PM
These answers should be in the water heater installation manual. If you do not have the manual and if you can find the make, model, and serial number, look it up on-line, and get the manufacturers suggested specifications.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: