water heater

Old 07-05-08, 12:18 PM
E
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
water heater

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I am going to add an electric hot water heater for domestic hot water so I will save money by not using the oil, especially in the summer, from my summer-winter hookup. I'm not sure which brand to buy so I checked with Consumer Reports and they have no study on hot water heaters. I will not buy one made by GE because of their dealings with Iran, and I read several threads on Google where people had much trouble with Whirlpool heaters, although they were gas fired. Can anyone tell me of positive installations with other brands or where I can go to get study reports on them? Thank you.

Old 07-05-08, 01:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well, there is probably little quantitative difference between brands on electric heaters.

Now, as for the consumer/politics link, I assume you do not fly at all, since almost all jet engines are made by GE? Do you buy anything made in China? Are ANY of the clothes you are wearing right now NOT made in China? Will you boycott network coverage of the olympics ? ( tibet, you know).

My point is , there are ways to influence politics, and the best way is to be involved in supporting and electing candidates who you feel will be committed to doing SOMETHING. Which it seems most are not!

Old 07-05-08, 06:35 PM
E
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the info about the heaters. As for the other things, I no longer fly because of different reasons. My wife and I haven't bought items made in China for about fifteen years. Yes, all of our clothes are made elsewhere from China; we will not buy anything made in China! A few weeks ago I bought an item at Harbor Freight and when I got home I realized it was made in China. It was returned yesterday! Plus, I'm not really interested in the Olympics, either. So, the bottom line is I will not buy a heater made by GE unless they get the hell out of Iran.

Old 07-06-08, 08:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just what is GE doing in Iran, anyway??

I respect your oulook on this, so this is just good-natured ribbing: If you don't buy clothes made in China, do you buy clothes made by child labor in sweat shops in Guatemala, Thailand, Pakistan ( now theres a friendly ally!). Just checking!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: