Help! I have spitting noise in my faucets

Old 07-12-08, 01:23 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help! I have spitting noise in my faucets

I have a spitting noise and forceful water coming out my hot water faucets only. the cold side is fine and water is still hot and i don't see any leaks. I'm trying to find out what it is. my brother said it could be hydrogen gas built up in electric hot water heater. what can we do to correct if so and do you think it's going bad? It's about 7 years old and it's a RHEEM GE series electric residential water heater

Thanks for any help You all may give.

Old 07-12-08, 01:12 PM
M
Just checking in to see if anyone replied yet.

Old 07-12-08, 01:38 PM
Are you on a well or city water? Try turnning off the water comming to your house, and open all the fausets in the house for awhile. If your on a well, you have too much air in the tank.

Old 07-13-08, 11:06 PM
M
We are on well water . It's drilled and had to replace pump before but no other problems. my brother came over yesterday and drained the tank and turned breaker back on and it was running great for a few hours then the spitting came back on hot water side only again. he said he checked the tank under the house too and didnt hear any air. he also turned back thermostat cause it was too hot scalding then the water wouldn't stay hot and we don't hear it running at all. I don't know if your suppose to hear it though. so tonight i reset it and turned breaker back on and put thermostat back and I'm waiting to see if that fixes the problem. Any ideas on what could of caused this problem or do you think it burned up on what he did last night?

thanks again, michelle

Old 07-13-08, 11:20 PM
M
I just tried to take a bath and hot water was coming out and so far no spitting noise, i guess the reset button helped, wish me luck

thanks, michelle

Old 07-14-08, 09:46 AM
C
You said you were on a well; does your well have a pressure tank? Is the air bladder around 2-3 PSI below the pressure switch cut-on? If no pressure tank, do you have a thermal expansion tank on the cold supply side of the hot water heater?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: