Kenmore Power Miser 6 hot water heater leaking from top

Old 07-27-08, 10:22 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Power Miser 6 hot water heater leaking from top

Kenmore Power Miser 6 hot water heater leaking from a hole in the top between the cold and hot intake lines. It looks like it has overflowed. There is not a lot of water because it is contained on top of the hot water heater. Water is rust colored. Hot water heater is 2 years old. I flushed the HWH and rust colored water came out initially then went clear. after flushing i noticed that there was water again on top of the HWH. What is causing this and how do i fix it?

Old 07-28-08, 07:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good morning

You need to determine if the leak is coming from the tank one of the connections on the top of the water heater. If you dry everything up, does the water come from below the sheet metal or down from a fitting.

If you cannot physically find a visible leak, the problem is most likely the water heater itself, and if it is only 2 years old, it will be under warranty. Unfortunately, that warranty does not cover the cost of replacing the heater, just the tank.

With it being a Kenmore, Sears may have a crew to replace them under warranty. I would call and check it out first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: