Hot water heater for Radiant Floor?

Old 08-24-08, 05:33 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot water heater for Radiant Floor?

I need 130 degree water temp...and the BTU requirement is 35,000. (1100 s.f.) single zone - closed system.

I wish to know the proper size and type of water heater that would work the best.

Propane only\

THANKS!

Old 08-24-08, 06:31 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good Morning

I cannot advise on a technical standpoint as I am not a mechanical engineer, but I will say that I have used water heaters for "space heating" in the past.
The first thing you want to do is make sure the water heater you chose allows space heating. Not all do.
You also need to decide if you are combining the heater for domestic hot water and space heating, or just space heating.

The jobs I have done in the past, using a 40 gal. water heater, one strictly space heating, and one a combination , hot water and space heating, I have not received any complaints from either of them.
Most gas water heaters run in the 28,000 -34,000 btu range. You will want to get the higher rating. You will want to put a mixing valve on the space heating for a more constant temp, and you can turn the water heater temp up some while leaving the mixing valve at 130* and you will gain more capacity.
If you are using this as a combination unit, I have more to tell you about that, but I am not going into it if not needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: