Water Heater Question

Old 10-19-08, 06:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Water Heater Question

Ok quick question. We have a what I believe is a 40 gallon WH, and it's electric. Whenever we run the hot water for more than two minutes, such as doing dishes, or even using warm water to shower, we get what seems like air bubbles coming out of the hot water faucet. I'm not sure if maybe it's caused because the anode rod is completely eaten up or not. If you need more info on the WH I will provide it tomorrow when I get down to the basement to look at it. Thanks

Cory

Old 10-19-08, 06:57 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The cold water inlet is near the bottom or has a tube internally that routes the cold water to the bottom of the tank.
The hot water is drawn off the top through the hot water outlet. Any air trapped in the HW heater should be expelled on the initial fill up. Does this air continue for long or for a short while each time you turn it on?

Old 10-19-08, 07:51 PM
It does it every time. The hotwater heater has been in the house for at least a decade if not longer. That's why I asked about the anode rod. But I doubt replacing that will help any. As far as length of time it happens, it will do it several times. Leave the water on for about 10 mintues and it can do it like 4 or 5 times in that 10 minute period

Old 10-19-08, 08:32 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Do you have city water supply or are you on a well? Does your hot water stink?

Old 10-20-08, 06:35 PM
City supply. Sometimes the hotwater does have an odor about when you turn it on. I can't really describe the odor. Cold water doesn't have smell or air bubbles.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: