Kenmore PowerMiser 12 has an energy factor of 0.63

Old 01-23-09, 12:38 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kenmore PowerMiser 12 has an energy factor of 0.63

The Sears Kenmore PowerMiser 12, 50 gallon tank has an energy factor of 0.63. Doesn't have energy factor on their website. I had to call. Two inches of foam sealed in. $858.64 intalled inc tax. About $40 less than a quote for a Reem with an energy factor of 0.58. Saw a chart that for every .04 better saves $11 a year.

Old 01-23-09, 08:00 PM
And the correct answer to your question is:

Old 01-23-09, 08:57 PM
G
wow, both those factors are terrible. Just my opinion, but you should be buying around .93...

Old 01-24-09, 05:15 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Gweedo, ignoring all other things I would agree with you. However, one cannot simply ignore the "other" things. With the possible exception of the A.O. Smith "Vertex" and the American Water Heater "Polaris" there is no tank-type gas-fired water heater that comes close to a 93% energy factor.

Nor is the answer always going to be "tankless" because tankless heaters have a host of "other" considerations that enter into the equation including a much higher product cost and often installation costs that approach or exceed the cost of the heater itself. Contrary to popular information, a tankless water heater retrofitted into a home that had a tank-type water heater rarely recovers the capital investment until well after the tenth year of operation and sometimes it won't break even until the second tankless heater is installed.

Old 03-11-09, 09:38 PM
G
delayed response

sorry furd, didn't recognize the brand as gas. Was thinking electric. guess what happens when you (me) assume...
and I'm with you (in my uneducated manner) on the tankless.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: