hot water tank

Old 02-09-09, 04:50 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hot water tank

:

my tank shout off. saw water on the floor by the tank. i though it was a bad tank. then was water by the pressure relief valve. so i change the valve and the next day things seem find.
a few days same thing tank went out. the frist time it went out it took a few times to ligth [ it has electronic pilot light ]. and when it did light it made sound like water hitting a hot surface.
i don't know if the pilot light is bad or the tank.and what could have made that sound like water hitting something hot.
could water from a bad tank cause it to go out? there was no water on the floor this time.
i would appreciate any help thanks

Old 02-10-09, 04:51 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
the relief should only blow off outside the burner section! if you see any water drops or rust within the burner section at the base you have a leak.Yes....on that if a drop of water hits the pilot or electronic sparking rod it can knock it out....check for that rust and wetness inside the burner first.NOTE.....if you refilled the tank with cold city water after the relief change out it also could be condensation at the bottom of the tank from the refill so warm up the tank then check for drips.the tank is the pressure of your city water coming into the house...hot or cold within the HWHand if it was leaking it would be a constant flow......probably condensation from the refill.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: