Hot water heater is slow draining

Old 03-08-09, 01:18 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot water heater is slow draining

I am having a problem with the hot water not lasting as long as it use to. So I opened the drain valve but it does not flow out as fast as I think it should be. I have tried to stick something up the valve to see if it will loosen something up. Can't seem to get very far past the valve. I am wondering if I could be running to sediement.

If so would I just continue trying to free up the sendiment with a rod through the valve? By the way it is a gas heater.

Thanks for any help.

Old 03-09-09, 05:21 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
put the gas valve to PILOT for now,drain off as much as possible till the vent relief has no water coming out....shut the cold feed off and connect a hose to the drain off then onto a outside petcock and let it rip for then slow it up when it starts coming out the relief you will hear the air pushing out of the relief as the water fills the tank.this will hopefully pop whatever was on the draincock opening.if you have that much sediment on the base of the tank it could be actually insulating the burner flame from heating the water up as designed..lets hear you fix after this trick.set the relief in the open position with the silver pin bar on top of it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: