Water heater broke.. replacing.. any suggestions?

Old 08-08-09, 03:12 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water heater broke.. replacing.. any suggestions?

Well, today I realized my water heater was leaking from the top, and I drained it and restarted it but still leaking so what I learned was I needed to replace it.

My Old one was a 50 gal/ 40,000 btu I believe it says on the specs.

I looked at this one on home depot the model number is GG50T06AVH00 and the link to it is
GE 50 Gallon Natural Gas Tall Water Heater 6YR 38,000 BTU - GG50T06AVH00 at The Home Depot

Now that is very cheap compared to other 50 gal, but I don't know if it is what I should get..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Also: My original heater is a Gas one, so I want to get a gas one.

Old 08-09-09, 12:19 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
What do you mean "Now that is very cheap compared to other 50 gal," What price for this one and what price for other brands and what are the other brands.

Stay away, far away, from Whirlpool water heaters.

Does this water heater have the same flue outlet size as your present heater and will it physically fit in the space you have? You should have a drip pan under the heater and if your present heater doesn't have one then that is an additional cost. You should replace the flexible gas connector and any flexible water piping. If your area requires seismic (earthquake) strapping and your present heater doesn't have any then you need to also buy the strapping kit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: