Anyone familar with reliance water heaters?

Old 12-27-09, 07:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Anyone familar with reliance water heaters?

I bought a floor model natural gas direct vent water heater and there wasn't a owners manual on it so the salesperson brought me two booklets from somewhere.Neither of them seem to say much about the reliance model 602 that i bought off the floor.It was the only direct vent they had and the price was right.I have it installed now and we're trying to light it and the book we have doesnt seem to make any sense at all about the pilot light. We did everything the book said and nothing happened at all.It is plugged in and the gas is on. We ended up lighting it by hand.What i want to know is are we doing the right thing by lighting it by hand.We could really use some advice on this model.

Old 12-28-09, 03:33 PM
Reliance Water Heaters

The model you mention is not shown, so it is obsolete, and I don't see the instructions on the website. You should contact them for info.

Old 12-28-09, 09:37 PM
reliance water heaters

the one i installed had a bad gas pressure valve so says a plumber.The plumber also showed me on the sticker that it was made in 8/22/03 .You couldnt see it real well but you could make the date out.After calling the regional manager of the store where i bought it they finally after 5-6 hrs of *****ing on the phone they finally gave in and refunded my purchase price. How many people actually look at that part of an appliance before they buy. I just fiqured it was within a year old. They didnt want to take it back because they knew they were lucky to sell it after all this time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: