Only hot water spits out of sink?

Old 03-16-10, 09:47 AM
U
Received 5 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Only hot water spits out of sink?

Not sure if this is the right forum or not? Anyway, I was wondering why only my hot water would spit and sputter out of the faucets? Cold water doesn't do it. It's been doing it for years. Can the water heater have air in it? Thanks as always! Jack

Old 03-16-10, 10:13 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Below this faucet can you disconnect it and run it in a bucket. You are checking for adequate pressure and volume. I would check water volume / pressure on all hot water outlets off of the hot water heater to see if its a common problem to the heater or a branch line / faucet. Its hard to get air trapped in a domestic hot water heater . Do you have Iron pipe domestic water lines?

Old 03-16-10, 11:31 AM
U
Received 5 Upvotes on 3 Posts
All my faucets spit and sputter with the hot water. No, I have the newer PCV. House was built in 93. Thanks, Jack

Old 03-16-10, 11:54 AM
L
Spitting and sputtering does sound like air . but it usually will clear itself out after a while. Meaning if i drain a system and refill it i will get the spitting and sputtering for a bit then it will flow normally.
Maybe someone else will have some ideas , i am a little puzzled.

Old 03-22-10, 06:36 PM
T
Only the hot water spits

Mine does the exact same thing. Had plumbers out and so far, they replaced the rod in the hot water tank, they ran the hot water in the house until the tank was empty. The problem came back within the day. Then they put an air release valve in, but within the day, the problem returned. They took a sample of my water. That's as far as it's got. Any one with any ideas? before I go broke trying different solutions?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: