rinnai water heater install

Old 10-20-10, 10:20 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Arrow rinnai water heater install

I had a estimate to install a rinnai 75 lp water heater for $2000.00. I am pretty sure i can do it myself for less than half of that. I would still get the tax credit for parts. I am concerned with the warranty though. How does the manufacturer now that a product was installed by a certified rinnai technician? in case i need parts warranty.

Thanks

Old 10-23-10, 01:03 AM
H
The techs submit the information to Rinnai.

Old 10-23-10, 05:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
$2k is probably right for your area. I had a client have one installed and it ran about $1800. The gas company did the install, so it met their specs and the warranty was in place. I would not under any circumstances try to install one as a diy. Venting must be special pipe, it has to be located in certain places, and plumbing installed to code, which in New England may require a licensed plumber, anyway, so there goes your savings.
IMO they are the best thing to happen to heated water since the boiling kettle. Turn the water on, it comes on. You aren't heating water while you are at work, or asleep. Big savings.

Old 10-23-10, 05:19 PM
P
for what it's worth, I paid $3k for a Rinnai RC98HPi in may, including installation and removal/disposal of old water heater.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: