Whirlpool hot water tank

Old 11-26-10, 08:06 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool hot water tank

Good Evening,
Today I went & bought a new Gas Control for this hot water tank. When I was draining the water there were chucks of what looked to be salt comming out I also noticed this white build up in the gas line that connects to the gas control.
I have no clue who put this tank in as it is not my house but there is no sediment trap at the end of the gas pipe. I looked for one & it is up above near the floor joists I would say about two feet before the hot water tank running not down but along the side of the gas pipe!.
My question is could this cause this white like salt or sulfur stuff in the tank & gas line? & should I put a T with the sediment trap running like a normal one?
Thank you!
Will,

Old 11-27-10, 07:53 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem solved & hope this helps anyone having this problem

Good Evening,
I just wanted to Thank everyone for there time & let you know that today I put in first a sediment trap since who ever put the tank in did not put one on. The problem was the Thermostatic Gas Valve (I guess from reading diffrent sites this is a weak link on Whirlpool water tanks.) So I went to Lowes since they carry this model & it was true the person knew exactly where they were & as I read on one page they have a lot of boxes in stock but more so the boxes are new not dusty like they have been sitting for months so they must move fast!.
Anyway after putting it in I lit the pilot lite & after a min. of holding the button down turned it to on & she fired right up. I stayed there as this is not my house & she worked great once the burner kicked off the pilot stayed on. I called the person I did it for & as of tonight it is working beautifully. So I hope this helps anyone who has one of these Whirlpool tanks as the new part is diffrent at the tip that goes in the tank so maybe they improved it not sure but it looks like they did to me.
Thank you all for your time!
Will,

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: