New Bradford White GX2-25S but getting horrible performance

Old 12-12-10, 06:32 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question New Bradford White GX2-25S but getting horrible performance

Hello,

My plumber installed a Bradford White GX2-25S for my 2-story, 3 person, 4.5 bath house and I'm getting horrible performance when even one person is taking a shower. In about 4 minutes the water in a normal shower gets colder and in 6 there is almost no hot water. We have a circulating pump installed as well.

My plumber is ignoring our calls so I called Bradford White. They brought someone in who never saw this model before and claimed everything works as it should. Called Bradford White engineering people and half of them said it should allow one person to take a shower for as long as they want because of the High Recovery system. The other half had no idea.

I've tried different settings on the it and still nothing. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Old 12-12-10, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Usually you need a check valve installed when on a circ. Or you get bleed through of cold water into the hot. Do you have a check valve?

Mike NJ

Old 12-12-10, 07:41 PM
M
I looked on Wikipedia and I don't think I have one. I included two pictures of what's installed. Pretty much whatever came with the water heater and a blue pump. No other contraptions. The diameter of the gas pipe is 1/2".

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Last edited by maksim; 12-12-10 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-12-10, 08:06 PM
Received 185 Upvotes on 166 Posts
I'd be suspicious of the recirculating loop. Can you try shutting off the pump and valving the loop off? I think you'll find you get plenty of hot water.

Old 12-12-10, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Oh I see what you have. There should be a check valve under one of your sinks. These are good recircs but use a cold water line at as return. The problem with these is you cant use then if you have a thermostatic shower valve. What valves are in your showers??? Also is the check valve under your sink installed correctly? Its usually the farthest sink. Look.

yes all of the above but I just noticed why do you have a mixing valve?? This could be an issue. What temp is it set at?

Mike NJ

Old 12-12-10, 08:41 PM
M
From what I remember the plumber did something to the following sink or bath tub:

Sink: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Bath tub: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This sink didn't have that black connector at the bottom before he was here.
Turned off the pump and doesn't seem to have an effect.

Old 12-15-10, 12:29 PM
M
I've asked the opinion of others in the house and they all say the hot water supply hasn't improved. Any ideas of what else I can try?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: