Lochinvar water heater leaking around element?

Old 02-27-11, 12:25 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Lochinvar water heater leaking around element?

Ok so I have a lochinvar 120 volt single element water heater. Can't see a model number from just looking(could also be painted over). the wood it sits on is wet and orange as is around the heater. How bad does it appear to be. Hopefully management doesn't give me a song as dance over it. The idiot manager kinda made a fuss over the pipes freezing(are you running a stream in your pipes? your trailer is open cause you got the train tracks behind you etc etc i got one guy on a roof another working on some other trailers pipes call me back at five he doesn't seam to return phone calls). I still get very hot water enough to burn you. I don't know the size of the unit if its a 6 or 10 gallon etc. heres some pics.

I noticed that when the pipes first froze there were huge icicles hanging from the pipe under the trailer right below the heater. here is a pic of that

Old 02-28-11, 08:49 AM
F
Called maintenance. The guy that came over said there's no saving this tank. hes not even going to try and rebuild it. He said it looks like it split a seam. Like it froze solid or something.

Old 03-12-11, 06:53 PM
F
Well its been replaced. Maintenance installed a used GE smart water heater. its a gallon bigger then the old one. The guy who installed it was upset that management in the park wouldn't buy a new water heater. He had to pull a replacement from a scrap trailer. He said they better not put a new one in the trailer he took the old one from. that trailer is trash. So far no leaks from the replacment. The older one the water temp was set at 150+. this one he set to 130 and is still plenty hot. He even hooked up the pressure relief valve to a pipe that discharges under the trailer instead of on the floor like the old one. The other heater also had no tape or glue on the pipe fittings.

Old 03-12-11, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
I guess its a good day when you solve your issue without any replies.....

Mike NJ

Old 12-06-11, 01:50 PM
B
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had the same problem with my water heater, resulted in a brand new water heater, sadly :-(

Last edited by Shadeladie; 12-06-11 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Link removed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: