Noritz N069-M Tankless Problem

Old 12-08-11, 10:32 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Noritz N069-M Tankless Problem

Hi all, first time here.
I've got a Noritz N069-M tankless heater, best guess is itís been in use for near 10 years. I'm not even sure when this model first came out. I just bought the house back in July.
The issue is that only in the mornings the heater seems to be shutting off. I turn on the shower and after about 90 seconds the hot water just goes away. Until today when it happened a few times before I could go to the remote and cycle the power on the unit and it usually would come back up right away or after a couple of times.
I looked around and the best info I could find is that it could possibly be a blockage around the filter for the gas, or that there isn't enough gas pressure for the unit. I don't get any error code on the remote so not much help there. Any suggestions?

Old 12-09-11, 05:22 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pmijustin
Hi all, first time here.
I've got a Noritz N069-M tankless heater, best guess is itís been in use for near 10 years. I'm not even sure when this model first came out. I just bought the house back in July.
The issue is that only in the mornings the heater seems to be shutting off. I turn on the shower and after about 90 seconds the hot water just goes away. Until today when it happened a few times before I could go to the remote and cycle the power on the unit and it usually would come back up right away or after a couple of times.
I looked around and the best info I could find is that it could possibly be a blockage around the filter for the gas, or that there isn't enough gas pressure for the unit. I don't get any error code on the remote so not much help there. Any suggestions?
The post above yours covers some of those problems.
I've got the plumbers coming over on Sat. to work on them,so check back Sat. afternoon and I'll let you know whats going on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: