Electric hot water heater tempurature HELP!!!!

Old 01-05-12, 04:03 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Electric hot water heater tempurature HELP!!!!

How hot is the water supposed to be at the faucet? I have the thermostats set to 125 where they are supposed to be but the water is only getting to 113 at the faucet. Problem started when I was installing it it developed a small leak at the dielectric nipples after that it hasn't seemed to heat right.long story= I installed the HWH filled and turned on power checked for leaks at water heater none so I bleed the rest of the air out of the lines at the sink gave it about a half hour or more and checked the temp of the water and it was so hot I couldn't hold my hand under it, what I want, then I gave it a while longer and checked the temp and it was colder than it had been so I went and looked at the HWH and that's when I discovered the pool of water around the dielectric nipple so I insantly cut the power then the water and drained it fixed the leak but it still seems like its not getting as hot as it was before the leak. help me please what do I check for in the way of voltage and ohming elements? I have diagram on HWH that I can up load. What COULD even be wrong with it?

Old 01-05-12, 07:15 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It sounds as if your water heater is only working with one heating element. Check then out with an voltage meter. Then have it replaced.

Old 01-06-12, 06:05 PM
Received 188 Upvotes on 168 Posts
checked the temp of the water and it was so hot I couldn't hold my hand under it
And, did you check the temperature of this hot water?

I gave it a while longer and checked the temp and it was colder than it had been so I went and looked at the HWH and that's when I discovered the pool of water around the dielectric nipple
What was the temperature after you "gave it a while longer" and how long is "a while longer"? I suspect the water was starting to cool off, but not enough to bring the elements back on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: