Baseboard Heating, 1 Zone Has No Water Flow

Old 02-07-12, 11:42 PM
P
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Baseboard Heating, 1 Zone Has No Water Flow

This one's got me by the balls.

System has basement, main (floor), and upper (floor) zones. Boiler is 30-year-old Dunkirk Model 234C gas-fired. Basement and Main zones working right, water flows thru. All zone valves and 3-speed pump functioning correctly. Boiler temp and burner regulate water temp to 180 w/o problems. Air auto-bleeder working correctly. BFP valve working, system psi = 15.

2 days ago I replaced the upper zone valve beause it was stuck open. I bled the system but water seems to flow through upper zone only when it feels like it even though I manually open the zone valve. Problem began when I refilled system with cold water).

I've bled the system until I'm blue in the face, but I keep having to bleed the highest basboard radiator every 15 or so minutes.

I'm convinced it is an air bleed problem and I'm overlooking something. Any ideas?

Old 02-08-12, 06:05 PM
P
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Update: Problem appears to be fixed. I found a small bleed valve at the output of one of the baseboard radiator units and after repeated bleedings spanning a 3-hour period I was finally able to get most if not all of the air out, and now the hot water flows through the zone as it should. The odd thing is, I've bled my system in the past and never had to monkey around with any inline bleeder.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: