Drowning in cpvc water heater sorrows

Old 04-13-12, 03:03 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Drowning in cpvc water heater sorrows

After Hanging my girlfriends currents as my first ever home improvement project I thought replacing a burnt out water heater would be no problem.especially after watching a video on YouTube, I thought it was easy as making a peanut butter sandwich.

I was wrong.

So wrong.

I'm here seeking advice. Short of a calling a plumber.

Here's the details of my sorrows

1. Cold water inlet leaking above the ball valve. Above the ball valve is a 3/4" cpvc union that leads to a cpvc pipe. This pipe was primed and cemented and leads to an elbow which goes to another cpvc pipe. Which leads to what's called a Mana Block.
2. The mana block is now leaking,.
3. One sink in our bathroom has absolutely no water pressure but can leak very well. The second sink has Biafra falls water pressure and also leaks.

That about sums up my life. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old 04-13-12, 10:23 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Please post some pictures of your leaking pipes and unions. Pictures first need to be uploaded to a photo hosting site such as photobucket.com and the public URLs posted here. Do not use tinypic as it is incompatible with the forum software.

Old 04-13-12, 11:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,323 Upvotes on 2,066 Posts
Yea, I think a picture is going to be needed. You mention a leak above the ball valve and then list stuff above the valve but don't say which item or where it's leaking.

You're going to have to help me at least with what a mana block is. I even Google'd to find out and got some goth bikni photos and D&D playing cards.

You might want to start a separate thread for your #3 two leaking sink faucets.

---
As a side note, how many here are old enough to know of or remember Biafra?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: