need some advice on a small tankless water heater. all advice welcome

Old 04-26-12, 07:31 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
need some advice on a small tankless water heater. all advice welcome

hello all. My mom-in-law lives in a backhouse. very small. maybe 300 square ft. We want to fit a tankless waterheater onto the unit as we want to remove the current gas line to her water heater. She has a kitchen sink, a bathroom sink, and a small shower. she lives alone. I am looking for advice on a small tankless unit that would supply her needs. the one condition is that it should be 120V.

I have been looking online, to no avail. Please give me your best recommendations for a 120V unit. we have up to 1K to spend on this. Let me know your thoughts.

thanks in advance.

J.

Old 04-29-12, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I don't believe anyone makes a 120 volt tankless water heater. By law, 120 volt domestic appliances are limited to 1500 watts, and that simply is not enough heat for a tankless water heater. The only 120 volt water heaters I'm familiar with are small undercounter units, which are perfectly fine for a sink, but not adequate for a shower. You'll either need to stay with a gas fired water heater, or have 240 volt service installed, either for a traditional water heater or electric tankless unit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: