Water heater off peak switching

Old 09-22-12, 01:21 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water heater off peak switching

Hi all

I've just moved into a new flat, the water is heater by a Triton tank with a Newlec NLE7 control panel.

I think the panel was rest before I moved in and I'm a bit of a newbie here.

The manual provides instructions for both 'Setting off-peak heating periods' and 'Setting off-peak switching times.'

If I understand this right the former is for me telling it when to heat up water - so I set it for the nighttime when electric is cheaper.

What is the latter for? The manual says the installer should have done this and I shouldn't need to to adjust it, but heater seemed to continue heating during this time, even after my setting for 'Off-peak heating periods had ended.'

Would greatly appreciate being set on the right path here, this is the first time I've lived alone and don't wish to pay for more electricity than I have to.

Old 09-22-12, 08:43 AM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Please add your location to your profile so we can better help you. The fact you wrote "flat" seems to indicates you are from the UK. This is primarily a North American forum so members may not be familiar with your equipment.

Last edited by ray2047; 09-22-12 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-22-12, 09:02 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm in the UK, didn't think to mention it sorry. If anyone reading can still help, I'd very much appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: