Hot Water Problem

Old 12-29-12, 04:55 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot Water Problem

We have a tankless hot water heater that was just replaced this year. The problem started in the tub....no hot water, but we could get hot water in the kitchen and bathroom sink. Sometimes, we could run the kitchen hot water and turn it off and the hot water in the tub would work. Someone told us that it could possibly be the diverter in the tub and another told us it was the hot water heater. We are at our wits end. Please, if anyone can help I would be sooooo greatful!!!!
For the last 3 days I have not been able to get any hot water, until tonight it started getting hot in the kitchen and then suddenly went cold.
Thanks So Much!!

Old 12-29-12, 11:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,122 Upvotes on 3,702 Posts
You only have one heater so that whatever happens to that heater will effect any place hot water comes out.

You had a new tankless water heater replaced recently. Isn't it under warranty ?
Is that water heater electric, natural gas or propane ?

Old 12-30-12, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
Most of the time from what I see the scald control needs to be set to max at the shower diverter. If not the units turn off for flow issues. Additionally if you exceed the GPM the unit will also get cooler because the unit cant keep up.

Then theres the whole gas line issue. I have seen it many times. Installers use a 1/2" line to a unit that needs 200k btu. Those 1/2 flex lines only supply about 105K. So essentially the unit starve for gas.

Take some pics.....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: