Rinnai R94LSi code 10 problem - no one can figure out- yet!

Old 04-07-13, 03:23 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Rinnai R94LSi code 10 problem - no one can figure out- yet!

I have a Rinnai R94-LSi unit that has given me problem since its installation in 2009. I have had two separate technicians out with service calls over $500.00 (my mistake for not hounding them at installation).
One told me I had a burned obstruction and cleaned the burner telling me it was fixed. Same issue after he left.
Next service call with different technician, told me I needed to change out the 1/2 fuel line piping to 3/4 ". Hard for me to understand that reasoning but, maybe!
Here is the problem I am experiencing.
Water pressure - 35-55#
Unit not running - fuel @ 13.25" wc
Unit running - fuel @ 11 w.c.
When demand over 2.5 gpm, unit will shutdown and give a code 10 error after 1:30min.
Everything is fine at a lower flow rate than 2.5 gpm. Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to correct this problem. I do not want to have to pay for another service call. Tried to send Rinnai a technical support message. There web site keeps telling me there is so error in sending it. ??????
Thanks

Old 04-09-13, 06:22 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Been there

I Had the same symptoms with my r94lsi. I repaired my problem by adjusting my dip switch settings to that suggested in page 27 of the installation manual

http://www.rinnai.us/documentation/d...7-077x0101.pdf.

I ended up switching dip sw 1 to off and the unit runs great.

Hope that page helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: