AO Smith water heater issue

Old 08-02-13, 04:49 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AO Smith water heater issue

Hey all- i recently went on vacation and set my water heater to "low". My previous water heater had a vacation setting but this one does not so i just moved it to low. When i returned i turned it back to the little triangle setting which is supposed to be the equivalent to 120 degrees. But for some reason it wont warm up the water. I turn it to setting "A" and it will light up and stay lit for a while. But on the triangle setting its not warming up the water to the right temp.
Any thoughts? Thanks a million

Old 08-02-13, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
how long where you gone for??? Water heaters retain heated water pretty good and it may not need reheating...

Rare that it would be the t stat/gas valve...

What is the model and series #??? Also the s/n will help... I can check warranty... I was an AO smith rep...

Old 08-02-13, 06:11 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Lawrosa- appreciate the response. I was gone for 4 days. Water is luke warm, but not hot. Unit is less than a year old as well. I dont have the model, sn etc. Will have to get it when i get home. My old unit i was able to just switch from vacation mode to normal mode and it was fine. But i switched this from the low setting to the triangle setting and for some reason its not pumping out hot water. Will get that info and post back. Thanks again for the response.

Old 08-03-13, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
Its under warranty... I would call an AO smith rep for service... Parts and labor covered if under a yr old...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: