similar issue GVC 50 100 AO smith

Old 10-04-13, 04:39 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
similar issue GVC 50 100 AO smith

I have a similar issue.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/wa...rning-off.html

I have an AO Smith Pro Max GPVH 50 100. Mine has been shutting down for quite some time. I have gone down to the basement when someone is taking a shower. The heater will come on and fire. It runs for a while and shuts off like it is done heating then comes right back on. Eventually shuts itself down and all the light on the front come on. If I turn the switch on the blower on and off it resets and fires again. I am assuming this is a safety function. Why would it fire up again if it just got done heating? Thermostat? I saw a previous thread about a clogged intake. Mine was pretty nasty. I cleaned it and turned it back on. It fired and shut off like it should. It didn't shut down completely. Hopefully that was the fix. I just wanted to ask someone elses opinion to be safe. I don't want my house to blow up and kill my family.

Old 10-04-13, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
Moved to own thread...

Hi welcome. It customary to start your own thread..

The 100 series has a cordorite disk, although I am not sure about the power venters. I thought they has a manual reset button on the front...

I am not even sure if yours has the disk because the venters were the last to change over and by that time they did away with the disk.

I dont have time to look in depth right now...

But the code all lights on shows ECU may be bad or going bad.That is the internals of the gas valve. this is an intellivent control I would assume?

Can you post the serial # of the unit? I can help you more possibly. I was an AO smith rep at one time in my life some 8 yrs ago...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: