Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Water Heaters
Reload this Page >

I think there's something afoul with new Expansion Tank, but not sure...

Old 01-01-14, 05:08 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I purchased the Watts DET-12 expansion tank. I looked inside the inlet port of the tank and the bladder is pressed up against the inlet hole and when I pressed on it, it would not flex at all (at precharge 20lbs). Should the bladder be pressed up against the inlet port this way or sit more inside the tank? I don't know for sure and that's why I ask. I just want to make sure before I install the unit.

Systems specs:

50 gallon, nat gas
60 psi incoming
PRV

Thanks...Al

Old 01-01-14, 06:14 PM
M
After looking around the web a bit, I think what I found is normal for an expansion tank, but still would like a confirmation though.

Al

Old 01-01-14, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Yes I think they are like that.. I never really looked in one..But probably like that without and pressure on it from water side....

For potable water you need to set the psi in the tank to the psi of incoming pressure.... That would be 60 psi for you...

Install it... If the bladder is stuck to the inner tank it will dislodge as soon as you install it and turn on the city water...

Old 01-02-14, 07:33 AM
M
Thanks lawrosa for the info.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: