Extremely low hot water pressure... peerless hot water boiler

Old 02-09-14, 07:31 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Extremely low hot water pressure... peerless hot water boiler

Hi all... need some help figuring out what is causing my hot water pressure to be really low.

Some background...
The cold water pressure in the house is fine, which leads me to believe the issue is with the boiler. I've checked all the valves, etc, and I don't see any issues there. I have a video of the hot water output to give you an idea, but it doesn't look like I can add it on this forum. If needed I'll post it on youtube and post a link.

The input water is coming from our well and we have a 30/50 pressure switch. Everything seems to be fine with that as the cold water pressure is fine and it cycles at the correct pressures. From the well tank the water goes through a particle filter and UV filter. The hot water pressure stays the same even if I bypass the filters, so don't think this is the issue.

I've attached an overall picture of the boiler and of the gauge on the front. I've read that the reading on this should be 12-15psi for steam systems, but this is not a steam boiler (the baseboard heat is hot water), so the output pressure to me seems really low at about 15psi (see attached pic).

We get the boiler professionally serviced every year, and even after servicing the problem remains.

As you can imagine, the low hot water pressure is really annoying when trying to take a shower. There's enough pressure to keep the shower running, but that's about it.

Any ideas where I can start looking to figure out what is causing this problem?

Attached Images   
Old 02-09-14, 07:47 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you need a acid flush of your coil. Some people might want to sell you a new coil or better.Me I never could not blow thru the build up.Some times it tough though. Good luck.

Old 02-09-14, 11:18 AM
Received 189 Upvotes on 169 Posts
Sure sounds like lack of maintenance on the coil to me too.

Old 02-09-14, 12:14 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys,

I don't think that's a maintenance I'm willing to do myself. Looks like I'm calling someone. Thanks for the advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: