Bradford White pilot light won't stay lit.

Old 03-16-14, 07:50 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bradford White pilot light won't stay lit.

I replied to an older thread but since it was more than a few years old thought I would resurrect my "new" problem .

Guys
I have a 6 year old Bradford white. Never had a problem until a month ago. Pilot light keeps going on. Under warranty my plumber has replaced all internal parts twice. Don't ask me to answer which ones but he says there are really only 2-3 and he has replaced them all. (I've used this guy for 20 years and he's pretty knowledgable ) still have the problem, we have left he door open tot he room the water heater is located in thinking its pressurized, still problems, have checked the roof for vent issues, no problems. When the pilot light goes out , I light it back up and I have 4 quick flashing lights for a few minutes until it resets Itself telling me it went out because the water was too hot. He had a Bradford white tech on the phone the other day who suggested cooler water maybe entering the unit and circulating through the unit, making it think it needs to heat the water more than is really needed until I get a sensor saying to shut the pilot off because the unit is overheating. Has anyone heard of this? And how would I find where this water might be coming from. My plumber has never heard of this but I am currently cutting water off to the unit at night to see if it will still go out with no water entering the unit. Hasn't gone out yet ya night but it's only been three nights. Sometimes it took over a week before the issue comes back. Thanks for reading this long problem

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/wa...#ixzz2wBUkvJxc

Old 03-16-14, 09:02 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Is the flu 3" or 4"?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: