Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Water Heaters
Reload this Page >

Taco cartridge circulator Model 006-bt4 seems to be causing pipe hammering

Old 04-17-14, 08:23 AM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Hi,
I have Taco cartridge circulator Model 006-bt4 installed on Indirect Hot water Heater and I am not sure what does it do. It seems that this circulator pump is causing water hammering in pipe which creates so much banding on pipe and I am afraid this could cause rupture of pipe.

Please take a look at attached image where i have circle marked of pump which I am trying to find out what does it do and if I need it or not. I do not care for Instant hot water if that is used for instant hot water. I thought Instant Hot water pump are installed far place under the sink not at source of hot water.

Attached Images  
Old 04-17-14, 09:10 AM
NJT
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
From what I can see that pump is a domestic hot water recirc pump.

The problem you are describing really has nothing to do with your heating system, it's confined to the domestic hot water distribution, therefore I've moved your post to a more appropriate forum.

Old 04-17-14, 02:53 PM
NJT
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 6 Posts
If you can draw a diagram of how those two tanks are piped, we might be able to help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: