...Rheem Tankless not working....

Old 06-30-14, 09:30 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
...Rheem Tankless not working....

Rheem RTG-64DVLP 6.4 GPM Direct Vent Indoor Series Tankless Propane Water Heater

We bought this in January and its been a pain ever since. recently we noticed no hot water was coming out. when hubby (current contractor-knows a little plumbing but not much) went downstairs to check on it, he said you can hear it clicking on and no error code is thrown out but still no hot water. smh of course we found out afte paying 800 for it that if its self installed (which he is more than capable of doing) the warrenty is voided. it stopped working right around the same time we had some issues with our well pump. dont know if that has anything to do with it.. we live in a really old farm house with dirt basement and very shallow well.. any chance its dirty from the stuff in the water? so frustrated with this thing. wish we could get rid of it but dont have the funds for a new one

Old 06-30-14, 06:34 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I would demand a free replacement anyway. Tell them that you're going to tell the world on the internet not to buy their brand. In the meantime, is there a drain on them like there is on a regular hot water heater? If there is drain some water out of it. See how dirty it is.

Old 06-30-14, 06:59 PM
Received 187 Upvotes on 168 Posts
We bought this in January and its been a pain ever since
Appears that you learned the tankless water heater lesson the hard way. If you had come here before you bought it I think you would have been convinced to stay with a tank type water heater. Sorry you are having so many problems with it.

Old 07-03-14, 10:27 AM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Oh all the brands of tank less i have installed Rheem has been the best. I have never been called on a issue so i can see if i can talk to the rep and get you some help. Like others have said you may want to contact Rheem and voice your concerns, see if you can work a deal to get a Rheem 50 Gallon power vent.

I always try and talk people out of tank less, the negatives outweigh the few positives. I will try and get you some info.

Where are you located.

Old 07-15-14, 02:55 PM
F
Not sure what the beef is against tankless. We put one on our bathroom several years ago and it has been awesome.

I think if you read the literature carefully you'll find it's okay for the warranty if you self install. Possibly even illegal to limit a warranty like that, if it's not it should be. As long as you can demonstrate that it has been installed to specs, I don't see that they have a leg to stand on.

Old 07-15-14, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
smh of course we found out afte paying 800 for it that if its self installed (which he is more than capable of doing) the warrenty is voided.
I disagree. here is the warranty. I found nothing about self install voids anything...

United States
Parts Warranty: 5 Years
Labor Warranty: 1 Year
Heat Exchange Warranty: 12 Years

Here is the warranty page. Says to call local plumber from the listed local rheem contractors..

Rheem Rebate Center - Federal, State and Local Rebates

Last the inlet screen is usually the issue when on a well. You need to disconnect the cold water inlet and check the screen. If clogged add a water filter up stream of the heater..

Other then that I would be curious where you tapped into for the gas line...

What is the make and model...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: