Hot water is only warm?? Help!

Old 10-06-14, 06:49 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot water is only warm?? Help!

Hello,

I did a search but could of find this exact problem. We have an oil hot water heater (pic) attached) which feeds the bathroom, kitchen, and radiators. I noticed this morning in the shower that the hot water was not that hot. I was able to turn it up all the way and not get burned. I checked the kitchen faucet and it's the same. I thought maybe the heater wasn't turning on but after running the water bit I heard it kick in. The thermostat is a bit over 145 degrees. I also opened up the drain valve into a bucket and the water coming out of there was scalding. What would cause the water in faucets etc. to be warm when the water I the tank is Hot? Thanks for any help!

Name:  heater.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  46.5 KB

Old 10-09-14, 01:11 PM
T
Received 23 Votes on 19 Posts
Your domestic hot water is produced by a coil inside your hot water boiler, there is no tank per say. On the right side of the boiler there appears to be a valve with a black top on it. That may be an anti scolding device used to limit the domestic hot water temperature when there's a call for heat in the home. The top of that valve may have arrows directing towards hot and cold. Try turning the black top towards hot and then check your hot water temp at the faucet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: