question about water discoloration and high pressure

Old 10-09-14, 12:29 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
question about water discoloration and high pressure

hi all,

i'm new around here but noticed today that my hot water in my house is coming out spraying and changing different pressures. it's also having brown discoloration.

i'm not sure how old my hot water heater is, but its at least 6 years old. i looked at it and didn't notice anything different about it.

here's a video of my problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rAU6t0uEF0 ya'll think this is a water heater problem or more of a pipe issue?

any help appreciated!

Old 10-09-14, 02:46 PM
Received 729 Upvotes on 644 Posts
That looks like air trapped in the system and sediment. Did you do any recent plumbing? Did the city or town do any repair work? If you keep in running does the air spurting go away? Does any other spigots or faucets exhibit the same thing?

Old 10-09-14, 06:59 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sure it's not both the hot and cold acting up?
Whens the last time you drain the sediment out of the bottom of the tank? Should be done every 6 months.
Just hookup a garden hose to the drain on the bottom and let it run a few min.
or need to shut anything off or drain the whole tank.

Old 10-11-14, 06:26 AM
A
Received 296 Upvotes on 271 Posts
After flushing the sediment out of the tank wait a few hours. Then take off the aerator from each faucet and clean it and also flush about a quart of hot water and a quart of cold water before putting the aerator back on.

Take off the shower head and clean that out and also clean out the shower water saver restrictor (may be a little red plastic thing that fits in the shower pipe). Flush about a quart of cold water and a quart of hot water before putting the shower head back on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: