New Water Heater But No Water From Some Faucets

Old 01-12-15, 10:49 PM
B
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
New Water Heater But No Water From Some Faucets

Had my garage positioned gas water heater replaced today. Well there's no hot water in two bathrooms - one downstairs and upstairs. The master bathroom (upstairs) is ok both hot and cold from all water faucets, shower and Jacuzzi.

In the other bath room upstairs there's no hot water from faucet but bath tub has both. As for the bathroom downstairs there's no hot water there at all.

The plumber told me that sediments are pro'ly blocking the hot lines to the two bathrooms. I reasoned that there should be no sediments from the new water heater. Before there was always water normally until we had lost pressure on the hot lines.

He also suggested the moen cartridges will need to be replaced in all bathrooms. Plumber said that 50/50 the moens fail after a new water heater installation. Is that always the case? That they have a lifetime warranty and it's a matter of calling and requesting for them

The replacements was covered by a home warranty. Should the moen cartridges be covered in the same claim?

What can I do to fix the hot lines myself?

Old 01-13-15, 12:03 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
There's always trash flushed up when any major plumbing work gets done.
I always remove the aerator on the faucets and flush out the lines.

Old 01-13-15, 12:45 PM
B
I appreciate your reply. I did remove the aerators, flushed and got some lines cleared but these two are still the problem faucets. I suppose it's time to demand hwa to send back their guy to fix the issue.

Old 01-13-15, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
You can try turning off the water to the home, pull the cartridges, then open the water with the carts out to flush the lines. Being carful to do it in spurts, or have two guys so nothing gets wet..

Inspect the cart for debris.. Install new cart or clean the old...

Old 01-14-15, 12:47 PM
B
Ok you read my mind. I will get wifey to assist.

Also I want to request for those cartridges. Plumber said they are lifetime guarantee, that it's a matter of calling and requesting. I don't know that it's just that ez looking at their website cos I see it's a limited lifetime warranty. So has anybody requested these moens and what should one say so that they qualify for free replacements? And or what not to say? I am a new home owner so everything is a new experience for me but I am happy as I go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: