A.O Smith FV sensor

Old 01-06-16, 08:07 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A.O Smith FV sensor

Hey folks,
I have an A.O Smith GPVH 50 100 water heater with a White Rogers Intellivent control. 2 yrs ago the wh would not turn on. I found the wire harness was not making proper contact with the control valve. I loosely placed a zip tie around the 6 pin connector, ordered a backup harness and haven't had a problem until this weekend. A fitting above the wh sprung a leak and dripped water around the unit. Some water did get the wh. I fixed the leak, dried out the area (not much water) but the flame would burn out after a few seconds. I cleaned the flame sensor with sandpaper and she fired right up. It worked for 3 days. Yesterday it was locked out due to FV sensor. I looked at the 6 pin connector (zip tie) and 4 of the 6 pins were charred. I replaced the harness and FV sensor ( 2 sensors were sent). Still showing FV sensor code and won't fire. I pressed the hot/cold buttons together and the green light (warm) flashed either 20 or 21 times. After flashing stops it does not respond at all. I shut the power and the same thing. Should I replace the control valve as well?

Old 01-07-16, 03:53 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I figured it out. Anytime there is a FV sensor code, you must clear the code from the control valve:

1-Disconnect power for 10 seconds
2 Turn on power
3- Within 10 seconds of turning on power, press both temp buttons simultaneously until green light flashes (warm)
4- release both buttons
5- Within 5 seconds of releasing both buttons, press both buttons again simultaneously until green light turns steady
6- Code should be cleared and WH should fire up.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: