Thermostat shutoff valve for hotwater? does this exist?

Old 01-20-19, 10:00 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thermostat shutoff valve for hotwater? does this exist?

Im looking for a automated thermostat shutoff for hot water, I have 2 hotwater tanks and 2 hotwater feeds to my dwelling and want to control one of the hotwater feeds with a thermostat shutoff so it would use about 50% of the tanks hotwater then shutoff that tank and reserve the rest for another dwelling. then I would use the other hotwater feed while that is off.

Does something like this exist? I cant seem to find anything lol, im also wondering how i would turn that feed back on if it was set to turn off at anything under 115 degrees or so.

or is there a better way to do this and reserve about 50% of the tanks hotwater?

Old 01-21-19, 06:08 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
It sounds like a rather complex thing your asking for. It would need flow sensors to tell how much water has been used to know when you've used half your hot water. Then you'd need electrically operated valves, power supply and a control system to make it all work. I would take a serious look at your system and determine if this is the best way to do what you wish.

Old 01-21-19, 01:00 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 276 Upvotes on 252 Posts
If you have two dwelling units, two water heaters of about the same size, and want to reserve half of the total hot water for each dwelling why not repipe (replumb) the heaters so one serves each of the dwellings?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: