Instantaneous water heater or storage water heater?

Old 06-09-20, 01:08 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Instantaneous water heater or storage water heater?

My father wants to buy some water heaters for the new apartment. We prefer electric over gas, but have a bad experience with storage water heaters, so my dad has been eyeing these little instantaneous water heaters specifically from a brand called Clage. We live in a relatively warm area, where temperatures peak at around 45 C in the summer and plummet to around 17 C in the winter. Will instantaneous heaters serve well, and if so, is Clage a good option?

Last edited by PJmax; 06-09-20 at 07:37 PM. Reason: removed hotlink
Old 06-09-20, 07:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,399 Votes on 1,296 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Egypt.

You should put non US in your member bio.
I removed the hotlink in your post as that company's products are not available here in North America.

Full size storage tanks have been time proven. They last a certain amount of years and then are replaced. Where I'm located in NJ..... natural gas is much more efficient than using electric for water heating. That is different in every area. Some locations have excellent electric rates..... some areas have no natural gas.

As far as instant hot units...... the electric models use a lot of power. A typical unit could use 50A-90A at 220v. You may need to increase the size of your electrical service to support an instantaneous type heater. Another problem is that they are prone to become clogged with minerals that are boiled out of the water.

You should check with people in your area to see what they use.

Old 06-11-20, 02:20 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 98 Votes on 86 Posts
Another factor is how much flow you can get for a given or max rise on the heater - starting at 17 C and the subtracting that from the actual temperature you want the water leaving the unit gives you your desired rise. As an example, I like my water just a little above 50 C so I would need a unit which would provide adequate flow at a 35 rise. The flow is determined by how many different sources and their individual needs which you anticipate needing to function all at once.

Drangd voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: