Water heater outflow blockage to kitchen faucet only

Old 10-01-22, 11:17 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water heater outflow blockage to kitchen faucet only

Old water heater had low HOT flow to kitchen faucet but newly installed water heater has NO hot flow to kitchen; flow is OK to bathroom. At T-joint, pipe to kitchen faucet is cool while other pipe is hot, so blockage is suspected at joint or along line to faucet.
Is there a sediment SCREEN possibly involved?
How would I safely uncouple this T-joint to inspect it for mineral or sediment buildup?
If blockage is found and removed, can this old THREADED T-joint be reused?

T-joint showing copper pipe going to kitchen faucet. Is this a compression fitting? Can it easily be uncoupled, inspected for blockage. and reused?
Old 10-01-22, 11:41 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 64,593
Received 3,881 Upvotes on 3,478 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Europe.

That looks like a pressure reducing valve usually found on a boiler.
There wouldn't be a screen in it.
Not sure why it would be feeding a kitchen sink.

The arrow is pointing to what looks like a compression fitting and can be taken apart
and reassembled with no problems.

Typically the hot water line coming out of a water heater feeds all faucets.
One faucet would not be piped or treated differently.

Your kitchen sink may have a defective/clogged hot water cartridge depending on the faucet.

Your plumbing may not be done the same as ours here in the States.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: