Changing Calcite

Old 09-17-04, 06:45 PM
Rich2001
Visiting Guest
Changing Calcite

I have acidic well water. I want to add calcite to my neutralizer, but i don't know how. I know i have to releive the pressure, remove some water, and add the calcite. There is a mark on the tank to indicate the fill mark, but i don't know how much calcite to put in, how much water to take out, and what other steps to take.

Thanks
Rich

Old 09-23-04, 11:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't deal with this product but I am sure someone will eventually see this thread and post a reply.

Old 09-25-04, 12:21 PM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You buy calcite by the 50# bag. You add until the mineral reaches the line. You may have to add a mixed mineral rather than just calcite. That depeds on the mineral that was used originally and what you raw water pH requires.

Shut off your water. Open a faucet and shut it to relieve the presure. Put your by-pass valve in by-pass. Turn on your water if needed. Remove the plug in the dome hole of the tank. Syphon or pump out water down far enough to allow the mineral in without water rising into the funnel. Pour the mineral in. Replace the plug. Shut off your water if turned on. If it was on releive the pressure at a faucet, clost faucet. Put by-pass in service. Put your ocntrol valve in backwash. Turn on your water about a 1/4 and let water eventually flow to drain then shut it off for 5 minutes. Turn on the water a 1/4 for a couple minutes and then full open until the drain water is clear. Let the unit finish its backwash without using any water.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Old 10-26-07, 08:58 AM
O
I am trying to get more information from the site on difficulties with refilling a neutralizer and then having material back up into the drain. All the posts seem very cavalier about opening up the unit, putting material in , close it etc.
Does anyone have experience with material going up into the drain lines and clogging them even with keeping an adequate freeboard. I am wondering at what water pressure could backwashing become a problem?

Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
You buy calcite by the 50# bag. You add until the mineral reaches the line. You may have to add a mixed mineral rather than just calcite. That depeds on the mineral that was used originally and what you raw water pH requires.

Shut off your water. Open a faucet and shut it to relieve the presure. Put your by-pass valve in by-pass. Turn on your water if needed. Remove the plug in the dome hole of the tank. Syphon or pump out water down far enough to allow the mineral in without water rising into the funnel. Pour the mineral in. Replace the plug. Shut off your water if turned on. If it was on releive the pressure at a faucet, clost faucet. Put by-pass in service. Put your ocntrol valve in backwash. Turn on your water about a 1/4 and let water eventually flow to drain then shut it off for 5 minutes. Turn on the water a 1/4 for a couple minutes and then full open until the drain water is clear. Let the unit finish its backwash without using any water.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

Old 10-26-07, 11:22 AM
G
Calcite to drain

If you have calcite flowing to drain, you usually have a freeboard issue.

If the water is low in sediment, you could install a top distributor basket to eliminate the problem.

What speed is your DLFC ?

Old 02-11-09, 03:32 PM
P
Where do I buy calcite?

Please help me out. I am looking to buy calcite. If I buy it online it is pricey and now the kinetico dealer is $175 per cubic foot (Crazy).

Old 02-11-09, 04:04 PM
A
How many cubes do you need? What do you think is a fair price? Are there other dealers in your area? Are you replenishing or dumping and rebedding it? Single tank or twin?

On line prices are around $130 plus shipping...and it's heavy.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 02-11-09, 04:59 PM
P
Found some

Thank you google.

I found it locally for $25 for 50lbs. More than reasonable.

Old 02-11-09, 05:25 PM
P
It is a twin Kinetico system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: