Need Clean Water

Old 09-19-04, 05:10 PM
binkeybike
Visiting Guest
Question Need Clean Water

I live in Florida and among other things, there is a lot of chlorine in the drinking water. I am buying a new home and would like to purchase a whole house filter that will clean the water as much as possible. does anyone have any suggestions on what to get?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-04, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Start at Home Depot or Lowe's and look at the regular low-end filters that are installed on the main line. Combo filters are good with the string wound/ paper filter and a carbon filter setup provide decent results with the idea of correcting the problem to your satisfaction.

This idea is a small investment, and without getting super critical of the situation. The filters are not real expensive, get on a regular schedule to change the filters, and graduate up to better filters and/or more involved filtering. The type I describe is the dual canister type set up.

Old 09-25-04, 02:18 PM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Removing chlorine on a whole house basis is not a good idea. In many cases doing so will create an odor problem while seriously increasing the risk of a bacteria problem. A much better way is to remove the chlorine on a point of use basis, like a drinnking water filter etc..

Gary
Quality Water Associates