Can you adjust how soft water gets?

Old 10-16-04, 11:00 AM
AJmcc
Visiting Guest
Can you adjust how soft water gets?

my wife indicates that sometimes our water tastes salty and sometimes its too slippery. This usually occurs right after a recharge cycle. She asked me to adjust the meter to fix this. I dont really understand the process well enough to say if this is possible. My thought is that I can only adjust the meter to ensure that the media is recharged with the brine frequently enough. The degree of softness is a factor of the media and the hardness of the water, and not the recharge frequency or duration. So please would someone explain if softness and saltiness are factors I can adjust? The meter is a Fleck 5600 Econominder. And the media is beads - no gravel or charcoal. I'm using a potassium based salt.

Old 10-17-04, 08:38 PM
G
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You're right but there is something wrong if you taste salt unless you have extremely (say 30+ gpg) hardness or heavy iron or have a great taster but.... what salt dose are you using (look in your manual t ofind where to check it after you remove the back/cover)?

Has there been a recent problem with more water in the brine tank than usuall?

Is there anything using water during regeneration? Is the clock time set correctly?

Gary
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Company Name Removed Only
Doug Aleshire, Super Moderator 2

Last edited by Doug Aleshire; 03-11-05 at 08:23 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: