Ripped off by Rainsoft?

Old 03-18-05, 01:20 PM
DNP
Visiting Guest
Question Ripped off by Rainsoft?

We just replaced a very old Culligan water softener that we have been having problems with with a new Rainsoft system. The Rainsoft dealer in our area said that our water was so bad that we would need in addition to the softener: a KDF filter, a soda ash feed tank and a hydrogen peroxide feed tank all to the tune of $5800 (they "threw" in our new RO under-sink filter). We paid and they installed everything but the water had not only iron in it but had taken on a yellow cast. They came out for a period of two weeks and ran and tested water, tweeked their system to no avail. They finally decided to remove the two feed tanks and replaced them with an acid neutralizer plus they upgraded our softerner from a 64 to 75. Water is fine now but when we asked them for a repricing of the system they said we had no money coming back to us and that they actually LOST money on our account? I would really appreciate it if someone familiar with pricing on these systems could inform me if we've been ripped off. Thanks!

Old 03-18-05, 01:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
DNP, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I would call another dealer in your area and ask for prices on exactly what you have. That way you are not getting answers from different areas where labor and other things come into play. You might also check with your local BBB office to see if other complaints have been filed against this company. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: