Do they make a Water Softnener/Water Filter/Water Conditioner all in one unit?

Old 06-12-05, 07:33 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Do they make a Water Softnener/Water Filter/Water Conditioner all in one unit?

I have a house with my own well. Currently, my well pump just pumps the water up to my pressure tank set at 60psi, then that feeds the rest of the house, including my baseboard hot water boiler system. There is no filters, etc. that the water goes through, it just comes straight from the ground to the tap.

I however once in a while get a problem. Since the well is only about a year old I have been getting some slight sand/dirt coming up from the well. This sand/dirt gets into everything clogging up my pressure tank switch, all my faucets, toilets, washer machine, etc. Just this past weekend, since we haven't had much rain at all, my well I believe went dry for a day and during that time it was pumping up some extra sand/dirt junk.

My next problem is that my well water is very very hard. It leaves mineral deposits on everything, like the shower, sinks, toilets, etc. I wanted to put something in to fix this problem.

So I guess what I am looking for is a single unit that is a water filter, water conditioner, and a water softner if that is all possible? I figure while I am doing this I might as well put some type of water conditioner on the lines, something like you get with those Brita water filters or something.
So some questions..

1.) Does something exist like a described above?

2.) Do you know a good estimate of what something like that would cost?

3.) Where would I hook something like that up? Would it come BEFORE my pressure tank, so it would be the first thing the water enters when it gets to my house, then come out of there and go into the pressure tank?

4.) I would want to install it under my stairs where my pressure tank already is. I only have about 4 foot of height down there, would this thing even fit? I don't know how big they are?

5.) Is something like tihs costly to run and maintain? Like how often do you need to put stuff in it to keep it running good or replace filters, etc?

6.) Will it significantly DECREASE my water pressure? I have my water pressure tank switch set to turn the well pump on at 40psi and turn it off at 60psi. These numbers so far have been working good for me.

7.) What is the best brand, etc. of systems like this? and where can/should I buy them?

Thanks again for all the info

Old 06-14-05, 04:34 PM
pb4021
Visiting Guest
Are you planning on installing this your self?
you might want to have your water tested first to look at the best soultion for your specific needs.
you will need the iron,ph,hardness to start and some will even run more tests at no cost (depending on who you go to)
try sears if you have one near by, they test for free.
you can also check purewatertreatment.com and they will test the water too.
I sent you a P.M.

good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: