PLEEZ- need some fixing feedback

Old 06-14-05, 12:13 PM
msjennifer
Visiting Guest
Exclamation PLEEZ- need some fixing feedback

My water softener won't work. I live in an area where the water is very bad, so a softener is really a necessity. Please: Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Culligan Mark 89 about 10 years old. The brine tank has about 1 1/2 feet of water sitting in the bottom with all the salt dissolved in it. Water is going IN to the brine tank but doesn't seem to come back OUT.

Also, the unit doesn't seem to be regenerating. Nothing happens (just a humming sound) when I press the manual regenerate leveler. Still all the timer dials seems to be moving.

Could there be some little thing I'm missing here? I can't get anybody to come out and look at it (in a rural area). HELP!

Old 06-25-05, 05:48 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's been about ten days since you left your question and I just saw it, so hopefully you've got an answer by now. If not, you may have a damaged line between the salt tank and the softener, preventing it from drawing the brine and regenerating your system.

However, when you mentioned that the unit just hummed it leads me to believe that you might have a broken gear that is preventing it from going through its cycle properly, though things seem to be moving....

Old 07-30-05, 09:31 AM
U
msjennifer,
My in-laws have a Mark 59 that I've been dealing with for the last 2 months. The technician has been out 3 times to make it work and each time another problem comes up.

One of our problems sounds like yours. It is most likely the selenoid plungers are sticking. There are 3 of them and each handles a different function in the softening process. The tech pulled the selenoids, cleaned the shafts and then stretched out the springs to give them a better pressure. It seemed to work.

Culligan.com claims you can order a service manual from them. I would try that so you can pull it apart yourself.

Old 07-31-05, 01:32 PM
A
Arrow Mine is doing something similar

One thing I learned today is the water that moves through the hose into and out of the brine tank moves slowly. I am able to move air only one way through the hose and valve assembly that goes into the brine tank. I THINK air (and therefore water) should move both ways.

Old 08-03-05, 09:17 AM
A
Your problem seems to be the same as mine (well, mostly, except my salt isn't dissolved -- but then we just added salt when ours died). I'm going to see if I can get a manual from Culligan. Also, we've called the company but they haven't yet called back -- if they fix ours, I'll let you know what they did.
A

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: