Hot Water Only, Is Softener Worthwhile?

Old 09-07-05, 08:31 PM
Samedis
Visiting Guest
Hot Water Only, Is Softener Worthwhile?

Our home has not been pre-plumbed for a water softener. It will save considerable money if I have it installed on the hot water only. Will I get any benefit from this type of installation? Please say yes, I want soft water

Last edited by Samedis; 09-13-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-10-05, 06:29 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Maybe you need to do a little more research.......personally, in 99 of a hundred units i install the price includes full installation......sometimes the logistics prevent installing on the unit to service the whole house without some costly work, but it's rare.......check other companies

Old 12-26-05, 02:16 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hot-water-only installations of softeners are normally applied to restaurants, motels, and other industries that use boilers, etc. Their logic is to save money on equipment not to provide all the benefits that are appreciated by individuals (READ: you and your family).

Do you have a crawl space, basement, slab or combination? Without looking at your plumbing it is hard to suggest the least expensive way to hook up a softener for complete service.

I would suggest that if you are going to the expense of putting in a water system, is to go with a complete system. Have a plumber give you suggestions.

Andy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: