Water softener connected with flexible hose?

Old 01-20-06, 07:22 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water softener connected with flexible hose?

I have to move my water softener 5 feet over, and I'm thinking of connecting it to the entry valve with flexible hose (rather than relocating the valve). I called the manufacturer of the water softener, who said it's fine to install it that way. My question is, does anyone have any thoughts about whether connecting it this way will increase my potential for leaks? Hoses can rupture, and in my finished basement that could be a disaster...

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-20-06, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I would use a reinforced hose. They make them in different sizes, both diameter and lengths. I have seen the plastic hoses with what appears to be fiberglass weave in the plastic. Good luck.
Check on what the pressure rating on the hose is.

Old 01-20-06, 08:31 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by towacodaddy
I have to move my water softener 5 feet over, and I'm thinking of connecting it to the entry valve with flexible hose (rather than relocating the valve). I called the manufacturer of the water softener, who said it's fine to install it that way. My question is, does anyone have any thoughts about whether connecting it this way will increase my potential for leaks? Hoses can rupture, and in my finished basement that could be a disaster...

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

www.falconstainless.com

I think they go up to 48". They are EZ to work with, do not work harden like copper corrugated lines, and are priced right.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: