Rainsoft Systems

Old 05-09-06, 05:51 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Rainsoft Systems

I am trying to repair or replace a Rainsoft water softener system
for a friend who's husband is in the Army and deployed to Iraq.
She has a AQ48CT/1"/8 softener system with a date code of
9312-1619. It appears that her control valve is no longer functional and goes thru a lot of salt. It also recently developed the bacterial smell (rotten eggs) after she returned from Ft Hood and the house sat unused for almost 3 months. Intend to try shocking it to see if it clears that problem. Since $ IS an issue, are there remanufactured replacement valves that a novice can change? A fellow in my church has a (used) Rainsoft system Model AM18CT/date code 9107-0227/Service flow 6 GPM/Recovery 3050 per 1 lb salt/UL Listed 97hb/LR 52599/Electronic Brain with a Model RF1054Y RN NOT/date code 9107-0848/service flow 4 GPM /Electronic Brain that he will sell for $350. One tank is about 5 ' and the other about 3' and supposedly both works great. Her system only has the single
tank and salt "container" and this one has the two plus the salt
"container" ????? What does the additional tank do? Any help
would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Old 05-14-06, 12:41 PM
B
Second tank alternates with first

Jeffery,

I couldn't find the model number for Rainsoft that you mention so I can't see the actual unit but I'll wager it's just a twin tank softner.

Twin tanks systems allow for regeneration (flushing) of one tank without interrupting soft water supply.

Old 12-24-07, 04:11 PM
G
Rainsoft

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Johns View Post
I am trying to repair or replace a Rainsoft water softener system
for a friend who's husband is in the Army and deployed to Iraq.
She has a AQ48CT/1"/8 softener system with a date code of
9312-1619. It appears that her control valve is no longer functional and goes thru a lot of salt. It also recently developed the bacterial smell (rotten eggs) after she returned from Ft Hood and the house sat unused for almost 3 months. Intend to try shocking it to see if it clears that problem. Since $ IS an issue, are there remanufactured replacement valves that a novice can change? A fellow in my church has a (used) Rainsoft system Model AM18CT/date code 9107-0227/Service flow 6 GPM/Recovery 3050 per 1 lb salt/UL Listed 97hb/LR 52599/Electronic Brain with a Model RF1054Y RN NOT/date code 9107-0848/service flow 4 GPM /Electronic Brain that he will sell for $350. One tank is about 5 ' and the other about 3' and supposedly both works great. Her system only has the single
tank and salt "container" and this one has the two plus the salt
"container" ????? What does the additional tank do? Any help
would be appreciated! Thanks!!!
Hello if you have question I would like to talk to you personally ---email gobansheego@yahoo.com.I could explain a little better!

Old 12-24-07, 04:14 PM
G
Hello to all with rainsoft systems

I am a rainsoft know it all ,easy to contact me via e-mail gobansheego@yahoo.com

Old 12-24-07, 09:53 PM
A
gobansheego,

A couple of questions: What is your experience with Rainsoft equipment? Do you support and recommend Rainsoft equipment? Why do you put your email address in this forum for private audiences with forum members?

The reason I asked the last question is because you have made a few attempts to do this previously and moderators have edited your posting.

If you can offer something of use, then please feel free.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 12-25-07, 12:24 AM
P
it's been a long time since i worked on rainsoft softeners so i don't know how much help this is. the first unit sounds like a 48,000 grain (maybe 1.5 cu. ft.) single tank unit. the other one sounds like it's quite a bit smaller. the flow rates are pretty low, 6 gallons per minute is not that hard to draw with todays soaker tubs, shower heads, ect. also, when i sold rainsoft stuff, i believe a new controller was around $500 NEW. an out of waranty controller for $350 doens't sound like a great deal but i might have my info wrong. i haven't worked for rainsoft for about 9 years.

paul

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: