Water Softener Problem

Old 07-10-06, 07:48 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Softener Problem

I have a 7 year old GE water softener that keeps getting too much water in the brine tank. When it first recycles the water level is fine, but then it gradually keeps getting higher. Obviously it is using way more salt than it should. I have replaced an O ring, but it did not seem to help. Does anyone have an answer for me?

P.S. I do have soft water. This problem has not effected my soft water supply - it just goes through way too much salt.

Last edited by GrannieAnnie; 07-15-06 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-10-06, 08:30 AM
J
GrannieAnnie,

Seven years of service on a GE softener is outstanding. They (and sears, Morton, Waterboss, North Star, and other pre-built softeners) rarely last that long.

That said, let me refer you to this thread ... http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=268472

Do a search on this forum for GE and Kenmore softeners.

Old 07-10-06, 10:56 PM
A
Grannyannie,

Every year or so Kenmore softeners require the venturi be cleaned and the injector screen sometimes will need replacement. Depending on your water quality & type of salt you use, some bridging may also be occuring at the base of the salt tank; therefore, it is also a good idea to clean out the salt tank each year, too. Hope that helps.

Art

Old 07-17-06, 08:53 AM
J
leak in GE water softner model GXSF39E

There is water dripping from the 'valve cover' (part # 106) from near the five screws that hold this cover to the valve assembly. Any help how to stop it ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: