Rainsoft drainning all time.

Old 01-18-07, 06:19 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rainsoft drainning all time.

I have a RainSoft water softener about 2 years old .The problem start when it is regenerating.It never stop drainning.Should i try to fix the original control valve or should i just buy a fleck 5600?I can buy a rebuilt one,one year warranty for $99,or a new one for arround $189,timer ,no metered.If this is the best solution, what else shoul i buy other than the valve in order to make it work using a rainsoft media tank and brine tank,can i still use the original brine valve assembly?

Any help will be appreciated.

Old 01-20-07, 05:33 PM
S
A two year rainsoft probably has bad motor switches. A common problem for these. Right behind the computer pad. Hopefully you did not pay $6000 for it. The valve is basically a fleck 5000 with rainsoft proprietary changes. You cannot beat a fleck 5600, but metered is preferred. Depending on your area, code can require that it is metered.
You can switch it right out and maybe save alot of headaches down the road or call the dealer. The parts should be under warranty although the labor is not.
If you switch it out ,make sure you have a float assembly in the brine tank. I believe the newer rainsofts have those standard.
good luck

Old 01-21-07, 10:08 AM
B
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply my thread.I was lucky because the unit that i am talking about was already intalled when i bought the place i live at.I think i'm going to change the head for the fleck 5600 metered knowing that everybody agrees on the fact that it is the best head.I think my unit has the float assembly already but i will check later to make sure.All i see now is the salt and right at the corner there is like a white pipe maybe 4 inches in diameter with a small black hose down the middle into some kind of foam maybe.
One more time,thanks a lot.....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: